Former Razorback head football coach Bobby Petrino headlines the Little Rock Touchdown Club’s 2019 speaker calendar, released Tuesday.
Petrino’s scheduled appearance on Monday, Sept. 9, will mark his first public appearance in the state since his April 2012 firing after it was revealed he had hired his mistress to a position on the football support staff. Under Petrino, the Hogs finished the 2010 and 2011 seasons ranked in the top 10.
Club meetings are held at Embassy Suites in west Little Rock with the exception of the season kick-off lunch with current head Hog Chad Morris, scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 20, at the Statehouse Convention Center in downtown Little Rock.
The remaining 2019 club schedule is as follows:
- Former Razorback and pro quarterback Ryan Mallet, Monday, Aug. 26;
- Former Georgia and Miami head coach Mark Richt, Tuesday, Sept. 3;
- Former Hog all-American and all-pro Dan Hampton, Monday, Sept. 16;
- Arkansas athletic director Hunter Yurachek, Monday, Sept. 23;
- Former Kansas State coach Bill Snyder, Monday, Sept. 30;
- Former Florida and Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, Monday, Oct. 7;
- Former Razorback QB Bill Montgomery, Monday, Oct. 14;
- Former Razorback and Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt, Monday, Oct. 21;
- UCA head coach Nathan Brown, Monday, Oct. 28;
- Arkansas State head coach Blake Anderson, Monday, Nov. 4;
- Southwest Conference Hall of Fame induction ceremony, Monday, Nov. 11;
- Greg Sankey, commissioner of the Southeastern Conference, Monday, Nov. 19;
- Former Georgia Tech, Alabama and Kentucky coach and longtime NFL veteran Bill Curry, Monday, Nov. 25;
- and former Georgia Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker, speaking at the club’s awards banquet, Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020.
For more information, visit LRTouchdown.com.
Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons