Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
In this new era of social distancing, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission can help. Fishing is a great social-distancing activity, perhaps even the best. And it’s available to everyone.
Plus, your average fishing pole is a great measure for social distancing. Fishing is a huge part of the outdoor-recreation experience in Arkansas, and the Natural State is filled with rivers, lakes and streams that make it easy. The commission has many programs, resources and facilities that cater to fishing. It stocks 44 family and community fishing ponds across the state. For just $10.50 — less than 3 cents a day — an Arkansas resident can buy a license to support fisheries conservation in Arkansas.
AGFC has a great resource to help you find a place to fish at GoFishingArkansas.com. Check out these “fish facts” from the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.
• 100,000 miles of rivers and streams
• $818 million spent in Arkansas by anglers in 2018
• 20,000 participated in hunter/boater education classes in 2018
• 10 million fish a year produced at state’s five hatcheries
• 44 family and community fishing ponds stocked across the state
• 600,000 acres of lakes
• 800 miles of water control ditches
• 400 boat launches
• 350 miles of levees
• 102 piers and docks
• 24 state parks with great fishing opportunities
• 200 fishing derbies hosted by AGFC