Eight community leaders have joined a key governing board for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The UALR Foundation Fund board of directors meets four times a year to oversee fund activities at the university.
New board members include:
- Sean Glancy, partner at Irwin Partners
- Frank Scott, bank executive at First Security Bank and Arkansas State Highway commissioner
- Bruce Tidwell, partner at Friday, Eldredge, and Clark
- Carlton Billingsley, owner of Floors and More and president of Greater Bryant Chamber of Commerce
- Michael Reed, unit sales manager for Pepsi Beverage Co.
- Jane Yocum, attorney at Munson, Rowlett, Moore, and Boone
- Jeff Lynch, president and CEO of Eagle Bank
- Harold Joyner, owner of Fenceworld and president of Central Arkansas Boys and Girls Club
Of the new members of the board, Glancy, Scott, Tidwell, Billingsley, Lynch, and Joyner are all UALR alumni.
The board’s responsibilities include communicating the foundation’s mission and promoting goodwill toward the university; serving on either the membership, fundraising, or program committee; and articulating the mission, accomplishments, and goals of UALR.
The fund is a participant in the University of Arkansas Foundation Inc., which is the principal organization through which gifts are administered for the benefit of UALR.