It’s our differences that make us unique, and this uniqueness makes us stronger.
This month, Arkansas Money & Politics is recognizing those companies that have embraced diversity in their workplace. This diversity takes many forms, from skin color to sexual orientation, but also includes the disabled, veterans and more.
AMP readers nominated companies across Arkansas who have taken up the mantle of diversity in their workplaces and strive to make their workplace a more inclusive one. These don’t represent all the companies in Arkansas who make diversity a priority, but just a sampling from our readers.
USAble Life believes in making a meaningful difference in the lives of their customers and employees. They know they are only as strong as their teammates — a wonderfully diverse group. USAble Life celebrates that diversity and the value it brings to their organization. They want all employees to have a seat at the table to create an inclusive workplace for all.
USAble Life is making extensive strides in their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts by establishing an Inclusion Council — co-chaired by Jim Casey, CEO — that is cross-functional, cross-location, cross- generational, and multicultural.
They are driving efforts to improve talent development and increase diversity in leadership around a safe and inclusive culture by:
• Providing Unconscious Bias Training to 94% of employees with additional training opportunities planned;
• Hosting two diversity and inclusion literacy events in 2021 — Juneteenth and What Pride Means to me;
• Launching four Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): Black, Disabilities, LGBTQ+ and Women;
• Celebrating and recognizing diversity awareness months such as Asian and Pacific Islander American Heritage, Black, Disability Awareness, Diversity, Hispanic Heritage, Native American Heritage, and Women’s History.
In addition to the diversity and inclusion efforts internally, USAble Life supports diverse organizations through philanthropy. During 2021 they donated to the following organizations:
• Mosaic Templars Cultural Center;
• The Trevor Project;
• Stop Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) Hate.
Through diversity and inclusion learning opportunities, celebrating and recognizing differences, and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion in other organizations, USAble Life is making a meaningful difference in the lives of their customers, employees, and in their communities. They know that what makes each of us different is what makes us unique and stronger together.