Economic development leaders will have the opportunity this month to learn more about grants available through the Arkansas Economic Development Commission and how to apply for them.
During November, AEDC will host a series of five workshops throughout Arkansas on the grants that are administered by the AEDC’s Grants Division. All of the workshops will be two-hours long and will be free and open to the general public.
The schedule of workshops can be found below:
- Thursday, Nov. 14, East Arkansas Planning & Development District, 2905 King St., Jonesboro, 10 a.m.
- Friday, Nov. 15, Southeast Arkansas Education Service Cooperative, Room A, 1022 Scogin Dr., Monticello, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, Arkadelphia Recreation Center, 2555 Twin Rivers Dr., Arkadelphia, 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, Northwest Arkansas Economic Development District, 818 Highway 62 65 N, Harrison, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 21, Arkansas Municipal League, 301 W. 2nd Street, North Little Rock, 10 a.m.
The workshops are also serving as the initial public notice for the General Assistance program’s funding availability. Through the General Assistance program, non-entitlement cities and counties can apply for funding for public works projects. Funding for the General Assistance program is through U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) State Program for Small Cities.